SMS use has exploded, with the number of text-capable phone subscriptions now surpassing 5.1 billion globally.
The open rate for text messages is also an impressive 98%, and 90% are read within three minutes of being received. In fact, SMS engagement rates are 6 to 8 times higher than email engagement rates and over half of consumers say they prefer SMS customer support to any other channel.
Now, with Telnyx Hosted SMS, you’ll never miss a text from a customer. Simply SMS-enable your existing phone numbers without having to make any changes to your existing voice set up. And, there’s no need to change from your existing voice provider.
How does it work?
Telnyx makes this happen by setting up a dual-routing configuration on the network. When a call comes in, it’s routed to your existing voice provider and when a text is received, it’s routed to Telnyx. The process is completely automated from start to finish. Currently, Telnyx SMS Hosting is available for US and Canada long codes.
How do I get started?
Before you start using Hosted SMS, you’ll need two documents in PDF format:
- The Letter of Authority for the numbers Telnyx will be hosting, this must have Authorized Name and Authorized Address fields. You can download the form here.
- A bill from your current provider. Make sure the Authorized Name and Address match with the LOA.
Now, follow these simple steps to get setup:
- In your Mission Control Portal and click on Messaging.
- Click on Hosted SMS.
- Click on Add new order.
- Fill out the numbers you’d like to host and select a messaging profile to assign these numbers to.
- Once you click on Create Order, you’ll be redirected to a page where you can upload a LOA and a bill. These need to be in PDF format.
- Click on Submit. You’ll need to wait up to 24 hours before the number goes active if the documents and the numbers are approved for hosting.
That’s it! We’ll be in touch to let you know as soon as your number has been activated for SMS.
Share on Social