We’re excited to announce a new feature release for inbound calls called SIP URI.
SIP URI gives you the ability to receive calls over the internet by simply sharing your username with anybody who has access to a VoIP solution. You can choose to receive calls from anyone, or just from the connections configured on your Telnyx account.
How does it work?
- Sign into the Telnyx Mission Control Portal.
- Click on Connections in the navigation menu on the left-hand side of the portal.
- Click the “Basic Options” button [✎] for the connection you want to modify.
- Set your Connection Type to “Credentials.”
- Go to the Inbound tab and select an option from the “Receive SIP URI Calls” dropdown.
- Choose either “From anyone,” which means anyone on the internet can call you, or “Only from my Connections” so that only someone within your own Telnyx account connections can call you.
- Save your changes.
That’s it. You’re all set to start using SIP URI.
What are the benefits?
- You don’t need a phone number. You can receive calls on your firstname.lastname@example.org. That means all accounts created on Telnyx can be reached without attaching a phone number to the account.
- It’s cost-effective. The charge for a SIP URI call is paid by the receiver at $0.002/minute vs. a traditional inbound voice call charged at $0.0075/minute.
- You don’t need to reveal your phone number, which offers you more privacy and security. It's just like giving out your email address.
- Anyone without a phone number can reach you if they have a VoIP solution and internet access.
Share on Social
Worth checking out