Ability to Control Managed Accounts via API key
19, Jun 2023
Managed Accounts is a limited-release feature, enabling qualifying users to create sub-accounts with advanced management features. A Managed Account is a sub-account created from within an existing Mission Control Portal account (which we call a Manager Account). They are an intuitive way of administering multiple accounts and users from one unified interface.
For Telnyx users that leverage the Manager Account functionality, there are a couple of important updates that go into effect today.
Update 1: Deprecation of support for certain fields in Managed Account API
- For all new accounts enabled to use this feature, the following fields will no longer be populated when listing managed accounts:
- The current functionality will be maintained for existing users, though there will be a deprecation timeline communicated on this in the future.
Update 2: New capability on the manager account
- From today, Manager Accounts can instead control Managed Accounts using its Manager API key by passing in the correct header.
- curl --location --globoff 'https://api.telnyx.com/v2/addresses?page[number]=1&page[size]=20' \ --header 'x-managed-account-id: xxxx' \ --header 'Authorization: Bearer KEYxxx'
- For more information on this, please refer to our Developer Documentation.
If you have any further questions on this release, feel free to reach out to a member of our support team.