Data & privacy
Your guide to data and privacy at Telnyx.
This page is updated on a regular basis. Last updated effective June 5, 2023.
Get more information on how we take your data privacy seriously from our data transfer assessment page.
How to navigate GDPR regulations
Check out our article on the EU’s GDPR data protection laws.
Data storage location
Learn how to log into the Mission Control Portal to make a one-time choice of where you want your Call Detail Records (CDRs) and Message Detail Records (MDRs) at-rest to be stored.
GDPR stands for the General Data Protection Regulation and came into effect on May 25, 2018. GDPR replaced national privacy and security laws that previously existed within the EU with a single, comprehensive EU-wide law that governs the use, sharing, transfer and processing of EU citizens’ personal data.
Our policy is to respect all laws that apply to our business, and this includes GDPR. We also appreciate that our customers have requirements under GDPR that are directly impacted by their use of Telnyx products and services. We are committed to helping our customers stay in compliance with GDPR and their local requirements.
In addition, here are a few things that Telnyx is committed to doing to ensure our compliance with GDPR and that of our customers:
- Where we are transferring data outside of the EU, Telnyx commits to having the appropriate data transfer mechanisms in place as required by GDPR.
- Telnyx commits to follow appropriate security measures and precautions in accordance with GDPR.
- Telnyx will assist with notifying regulators of breaches and promptly communicating any breaches to customers and users.
- We will ensure that employees authorized to process personal data have committed to confidentiality.
- We will hold any subprocessors that handle personal data, including our data center partners, to appropriate data management, security, and privacy practices and standards.
- Telnyx commits to carrying out data impact assessments to identify and mitigate high risk processing. y.
- Where appropriate, we will offer contractual language documenting our commitments to our customers to support their GDPR obligations.
- Telnyx will assist our customers, insofar as possible, to respond to data subject requests our customers may receive under the GDPR.
The California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
- The right to access
- The right to opt out of the sale of personal information
- The right to deletion of a consumer's personal information
- The right of data portability
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising rights under the CCPA.