Parking Outbound Calls Made Simple
13, Feb 2020
We’re excited to announce a new Voice feature: Park Outbound Calls. This feature is now available in the Mission Control Portal.
The Park Outbound Calls feature provides a simple mechanism for users to “park” their outbound calls instead of connecting them to their destination. The call then awaits further orders from its connected application.
Parked calls provide a ringback to the caller, waiting for a command via the Telnyx Call Control API to define the call action. Typical commands include answer, play audio, bridge to another call, and transfer to another number. You can learn more about Call Control commands in our Developer Docs.
Benefits Of Outbound Call Parking
- Custom calling experiences: Enhance your customer experience with call flows that are as sophisticated and responsive as you need them to be.
- Cost control: Prevent users from making outbound calls to any destination. Instead, have a Call Control application process your calls appropriately.
- Always connect emergency calls: Rest assured that outbound calls to emergency services are not parked, so you can connect when you need it most.
Setup For Outbound Call Parking
By default, this new feature is not enabled on Connections. To enable Park Outbound Calls for your Connections, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to the Telnyx Mission Control Portal.
- Click on Connections in the navigation menu on the left-hand side of the portal.
- Click the “Basic Options” button [✎] for the connection you want to modify.
- Please note that Park Outbound Numbers cannot be configured on Connections of type Call Control, please use Credentials, IP Address or FQDN instead.
- Under “Events,” ensure your webhook URL is set to point to your application server.
- Check the box next to “Park Outbound Calls.”
- Click Save All Changes.