Telnyx SIM Usage Based Activation
We’re excited to announce that our Wireless SIMs now have usage based activation. This feature is useful in cases where SIMs are deployed and remain inactive for multiple billing periods, but need to be enabled on demand. Prior to this feature, Telnyx SIMs were manually enabled via API when they were ready to be used. With usage based activation, inactive Telnyx SIMs have the option to be configured in a “standby” state with a $0.20 MRC, which automatically activates to operate as normal when it reaches 1MB of usage.
Here’s how it works:
- Telnyx customers register their SIM before it is inserted and configured into their hardware.
- In the portal, select the SIMs that you would like to enable usage based activation for, and click on "Manage SIM Cards Settings” from the bulk actions dropdown.
- Select the option "Set SIMs to standby status."
- After a few minutes, your SIM status will reflect this change.
- Once the SIM reaches 1MB of usage, it is activated in its normal state, and will be charged $2 MRC.
- The status of the SIM can be disabled via API or portal, and usage based activation can be turned on again so that you don’t have to pay $2 MRC until the SIM is used.
If you’d like to find out more about our Wireless offering, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team of experts.