Get flexible and transparent SMS pricing with automatic discounts as you scale.
Twilio customers save an average of 70% on SMS costs when they switch. Calculate your savings.
See SMS pricing for:
Pay-as-you-go SMS API pricing
Prices are applied per message part based on the destination and type of the message, as well as the carrier to which the SMS is being sent. You’re only charged for what you use - nothing more.
- Text messages are charged per segment. Learn more about character limits and message segments.
- Additional carrier fees per carrier. Carrier fees apply to SMS sent from Toll-free Numbers to Verizon handsets. See below for carrier fees related to long code SMS, long code MMS, and short code SMS.
- Telnyx handles queuing, carrier nuances in every country that we support, and formatting issues so you don’t have to write custom code. Also includes opt-out protection and delivery insights.
Get even deeper discounts with a committed usage agreement.
Pay-as-you-go Phone Number Pricing
- An additional charge of $0.10 / mo applies to add SMS and MMS capabilities to a number.
In-Depth Messaging pricing
SMS-capable Number pricing
Number coverage, features and pricing, and outbound SMS pricing per destination for over 220 countries.
Outbound SMS pricing
Our purpose-built global IP network and partnerships with Tier-1 carriers across the globe give you unmatched reach. Use the search box to see the price to send a message anywhere on earth.
Our best-in-class customer support team and on-call engineers are available 24/7 to all of our customers, as standard - without the minimum spend requirements imposed by other providers.
Volume Discounts for SMS API Pricing
When your usage passes the volume thresholds laid out below, subsequent usage will be billed at discounted rates - no negotiation necessary.
Phone Number Volume pricing
Other providers charge an extra fee for toll-free numbers, limiting your ability to scale.
Telnyx offers lower prices than Twilio for SMS. With Telnyx, there’s no charge to receive local number SMS, and they’re just $0.0025 to send. Meanwhile, Twilio charges $0.0075 to send and receive local number SMS. Like Twilio, we also offer automatic tiered volume discounts, with no negotiation required. Switching from Twilio to Telnyx for your messaging needs has never been easier with our new Twexit API, which lets you migrate with just a few changes to your existing code!
- The cost to send an SMS depends on traffic type. Local number SMS send for $0.0025, outbound short code messages start at $0.0070, and toll-free numbers start at $0.0055.
- With Telnyx messaging, you can receive SMS for free on a local number. With other traffic types and for sending SMS with local numbers, there are costs administered on a per message basis.
- The per message prices in the tables above do not include the cost of buying numbers. Our Mission Control Portal allows you to easily search, provision and buy local, short code, and toll free numbers.