Are you looking to switch your communication provider, but the idea of changing your phone numbers is just too much to handle? We’ve got you covered. With the Telnyx phone number portability check, you can easily check up to 2,500 numbers at once.
What is Number Porting?
Number porting refers to the process of transferring (porting) a phone number from one provider to another. The process can be broken down into two categories, local number porting, which deals with fixed lines, and full mobile number porting, which deals with transferring mobile numbers.
With number porting, businesses are no longer forced to stay with their communication providers to avoid the hassle of switching their phone numbers. Number portability puts the power back into the hand of the customer. So, how do you know whether or not your current number is eligible for porting?
How to Check Phone Number Portability with Telnyx
Ready to check if your phone number or numbers are eligible for porting? To get started, follow the three simple steps below.
Step 1: Log in to the Mission Control Portal
- Go to https://portal.telnyx.com/
- Enter your username and password
- Click Sign In
Don't have an account? Sign up here with your email address, or register with your Google, Facebook or GitHub account.
Step 2: Create a Porting Request
- Click Numbers on the left sidebar navigation
- Select Port Numbers
- Click the green Add Porting Request button
- Choose either My Own Numbers or My Customer’s Numbers
- Select a country from the dropdown
- Click Next
Step 3: Check Number Portability up to 2,500 Numbers
- Enter the phone number(s) you want to check for portability
- Click Check Number Portability
- TIP: Numbers outside of North America must be entered in E. 164 format
- TIP: Numbers should be separated with a comma, or line break
Your number portability results will be displayed below the input field. We might still be able to help with non-portable numbers, so don’t hesitate to talk to our porting experts. If you’re all systems go, you can click Next to submit your porting request through the same interface in just a few clicks!
You can find a detailed run-down of our porting process in our support knowledge base.
Share on Social