Hosted SMS is a way to allow numbers that are on a different voice provider to utilize the Telnyx platform for SMS and MMS. When you host your numbers with Telnyx, your voice capability remains with your current provider.
How do I get started?
Before you start using Hosted SMS, you’ll need two documents in PDF format:
- The Letter of Authority for the numbers Telnyx will be hosting, this must have Authorized Name and Authorized Address fields. You can download the form here.
- A bill from your current provider. Make sure the Authorized Name and Address match with the LOA.
Now, follow these simple steps to get setup:
- In your Mission Control Portal and click on Messaging.
- Click on Hosted SMS.
- Click on Add new order.
- Fill out the numbers you’d like to host and select a messaging profile to assign these numbers to.
- Once you click on Create Order, you’ll be redirected to a page where you can upload a LOA and a bill. These need to be in PDF format.
- Click on Submit. You’ll need to wait up to 24 hours before the number goes active if the documents and the numbers are approved for hosting.
That’s it! We’ll be in touch to let you know as soon as your number has been activated for SMS.
Share on Social
Worth checking out