SaaS providers are taking advantage of CPaaS to deliver scalable, cloud-based services around the world. However, this has been a challenge for voice analytics applications, because real-time voice analysis is difficult to migrate to the cloud.
Historically, the demand for immediate access to the audio stream, near instantaneous turnaround of results and delivering those results to the end user necessitated on-premise installation of voice analytics applications.
On-premise installation poses two critical issues:
- On-premise installations are complicated and resource intensive, and difficult to maintain once the installation is complete.
- An on-premise voice analytics application presents a single point of failure: if the application fails, the call ends.
So, migrating voice analytics applications to the cloud makes a lot of sense. However, most communications providers can't deliver on performance and reliability for real time, cloud-based voice analysis.
Real time, cloud-based voice analytics services are possible with Telnyx.
The Telnyx platform delivers the performance and stability that voice analytics SaaS providers need to migrate their services to the cloud. Here’s how cloud-based voice analysis works:
- When an inbound call is received, Telnyx uses media forking to simultaneously send the call to the on-site PBX and send a duplicate audio stream to the voice analytics application. This eliminates a point of failure—the call can continue even if the voice analytics application goes down—and enables voice analysis to be performed while the call is in progress.
- Call data is transmitted to the cloud platform through using SIP trunking and virtual cross connects so the data never travels over the public internet. This means call data is protected from bad actors, and retains the audio quality needed for voice analysis. Additionally, the Telnyx system reduces latency so the analytics results are delivered to the end user in true real time.
- The call is managed programmatically with call control commands to automate much of the call administration.
All this eliminates the need for on-premise installations, and removes the voice analytics application from call center technology stacks.
This means that voice analytics SaaS providers can take advantage of the flexibility and agility provided by a cloud-based communications platform, shortening sales cycles and reducing the resources needed to add new customers. Cloud voice providers can then access new mid-market and international consumer bases.
Organizations built on delivering cloud-based services are more dynamic and less constrained than those that provide on-premise solutions, so migrating your voice analytics service to the cloud will help your company grow and add revenue faster.
Telnyx provides a cloud-ready network built on a private fiber optic backbone with tier 1 interconnects. The Telnyx communications platform enables SaaS providers to migrate real-time voice analytics, translation, voice recognition, and transcription services to the cloud. Contact our customer success team to learn more.
Share on Social
Worth checking out