- Deliver messages by the millionSend reminders, alerts or promotions at volume. Use the same toll-free number you use for your contact center for a seamless user experience.
- A powerful short code alternativeGet the high throughput you need for enterprise A2P messaging without any extra carrier surcharges. See our pricing breakdown.
- No need to buy a new numberTelnyx can SMS-enable your existing toll-free number, so your customers can reach you using the number they’re already familiar with.
Voice + SMS-enabled
Numbers on demand
- Learn More
Customer serviceLet users ask their questions via SMS, or start a text conversation with an agent to have their issue resolved.
Seamless transferTransition from a text conversation to a call seamlessly when issues become more complex.
Marketing campaignsSend SMS updates from branded, customer-friendly numbers to better engage your customer base.
- Learn More
Shipping notificationsSimplify complex processes with instant alerts—order confirmations, delivery tracking and coordination of returns.
- Learn More
Appointment remindersImprove patient and customer experience with SMS appointment reminders, automated feedback surveys.
- Learn More
Critical alertsFrom fraud alerts to flight cancellations, make sure your message gets through when it really matters.
Messaging that delivers.
Reach anyone, anywhereGet a message to anyone, anywhere in the world. Choose from local and toll-free numbers, short code, alphanumeric sender ID, or even use your existing voice numbers.
Worry-free complianceTelnyx is a licensed carrier in 25+ countries, and we can confidently say we’re fully compliant in everything we do. So, your communications are in safe hands.
Support you can count onOur best-in-class 24/7 NOC support is available by phone and email for every single customer with no spend requirements, so your issues never need to wait until Monday.
No-middleman pricingTelnyx maintains complete control over our network and phone numbers, so we’re able to cut out the middlemen our competitors depend on—avoiding costly markups.
Frequently Asked Questions
Toll-free SMS is used to send text messages from toll-free numbers (8XX) to other mobile phones. Toll-free SMS numbers can be customized to your brand, and they also allow you to seamlessly switch between voice and text on the same number.
There are a variety of different businesses leveraging toll-free SMS across industries like transport and logistics, financial services and healthcare, to name a few. Some of the most popular use-cases include using toll-free SMS for automated or live customer service, marketing campaigns, shipping notifications, appointment reminders and critical alerts.
Prices vary depending on your carrier, but Telnyx offers market-leading pricing for toll-free SMS—starting at just 0.0055 to send and receive toll-free texts in the US. See detailed Telnyx SMS pricing.
Short codes are ideal for mass messaging use-cases like two-factor authentication or SMS marketing campaigns. However, there are some advantages to using toll-free SMS over shortcodes:
- Toll-free numbers can be provisioned instantly whereas shortcodes often take weeks.
- Toll-free numbers can be voice and SMS-enabled, so customers can call or text you on the same number. This is not only cost-effective, it’s a more seamless user experience.
- Toll-free numbers are also significantly lower in cost. Telnyx toll-free numbers start at just $1 per month whereas short codes cost $1,000 per month to lease from the Common Short Code Administration.
Can I receive voice calls on my toll-free SMS enabled number? Yes! One of the great things about toll-free numbers is that you can use them to make and receive calls as well as send and receive texts—enabling you to build seamless omnichannel customer experiences.