Send high volume messages with existing toll-free numbers.
- Buy, Verify and start sending from Toll-Free Numbers in minutesTelnyx allows you to complete mandatory Toll-Free Messaging Registration via our self-service API or Portal. Once your request is "pending" you can start sending immediately.
- Seamlessly add Messaging to your customer experienceSend reminders, alerts or promotions at volume. Use the same toll-free number you use for your contact center for a seamless user experience.
- Easiest-to-use Toll-Free Platform & SupportTelnyx regularly wins awards for its ease of use. In Fall 2022 we were again voted "Easiest to Work With" by G2.com. And our expert Support team is on hand to help you 24x7 - at no extra charge.
- No need to buy a new numberTelnyx can SMS and MMS-enable your existing toll-free number, so your customers can reach you using the number they’re already familiar with.
Numbers & registration on demand
Instantly search for, provision and submit Messaging registration requests for branded toll-free numbers in the US.
Voice + SMS enabled
Seamlessly transition between text and voice on the same number, for a true omnichannel experience.
Receive real-time delivery notification of messages sent globally via our portal or API.
We’ll automatically queue and send your messages at a compliant rate.
Telnyx will automatically split and reassemble multiple messages into one for you.
Reach users faster with send rates of up to 1,200 messages, per minute, per number.
Build seamless experiences with toll-free messaging.
- Learn More
Customer serviceLet users ask their questions via SMS, or start a text conversation with an agent to have their issue resolved.
Seamless transferTransition from a text conversation to a call seamlessly when issues become more complex.
Marketing campaignsSend SMS updates from branded, customer-friendly numbers to better engage your customer base.
- Learn More
Shipping notificationsSimplify complex processes with instant alerts—order confirmations, delivery tracking and coordination of returns.
Appointment remindersImprove patient and customer experience with SMS appointment reminders, automated feedback surveys.
- Learn More
Critical alertsFrom fraud alerts to flight cancellations, make sure your message gets through when it really matters.
Messaging that delivers.
Reach anyone, anywhereSMS with global reach. Choose from local and toll-free numbers, short code, alphanumeric sender ID, or even use your existing voice numbers.
Worry-free complianceTelnyx is a licensed carrier in 30+ countries, and we can confidently say we’re fully compliant in everything we do. So, your communications are in safe hands.
Support you can count onOur best-in-class 24/7 NOC support is available by phone and email for every single customer with no spend requirements, so your issues never need to wait until Monday.
Competitive pricingTelnyx maintains a high degree of control over our network and phone numbers, and is committed to minimising unnecessary markups and middle-men.
Ready to get started?
Frequently Asked Questions
Toll-free SMS is used to send text messages from toll-free numbers (8XX) to other mobile phones. Toll-free SMS numbers can be customized to your brand, and they also allow you to seamlessly switch between voice and text on the same number.
There are a variety of different businesses leveraging toll-free SMS/MMS across industries like transport and logistics, financial services and healthcare, to name a few. Some of the most popular use-cases include using toll-free SMS/MMS for automated or live customer service, marketing campaigns, shipping notifications, appointment reminders and critical alerts.
Prices vary depending on your carrier, but Telnyx offers market-leading pricing for toll-free SMS—starting at just 0.0055 to send and receive toll-free texts in the US. See detailed Telnyx SMS pricing.
Short codes are ideal for mass messaging use-cases like two-factor authentication or SMS marketing campaigns. However, there are some advantages to using toll-free SMS over shortcodes:
- Toll-free numbers can be provisioned instantly whereas shortcodes often take weeks.
- Toll-free numbers can be voice and SMS-enabled, so customers can call or text you on the same number. This is not only cost-effective, it’s a more seamless user experience.
- Toll-free numbers are also significantly lower in cost. Telnyx toll-free numbers start at just $1 per month whereas short codes cost $1,000 per month to lease from the Common Short Code Administration.
First, sign up for a free portal account. Then, complete the remaining four steps in our quickstart guide and you’ll be ready to start sending and receiving toll-free SMS.
Can I receive voice calls on my toll-free SMS enabled number? Yes! One of the great things about toll-free numbers is that you can use them to make and receive calls as well as send and receive texts—enabling you to build seamless omnichannel customer experiences.