- Deliver messages by the millionSend reminders, alerts or promotions at volume. Use the same toll-free number you use for your contact center for a seamless user experience.
- A powerful short code alternativeGet the high throughput you need for enterprise A2P messaging without any extra carrier surcharges. See our pricing breakdown.
- No need to buy a new numberTelnyx can SMS-enable your existing toll-free number, so your customers can reach you using the number they’re already familiar with.
Let users ask their questions via SMS, or start a text conversation with an agent to have their issue resolved.
Transition from a text conversation to a call seamlessly when issues become more complex.
Send SMS updates from branded, customer-friendly numbers to better engage your customer base.
Simplify complex processes with instant alerts—order confirmations, delivery tracking and coordination of returns.
Improve patient and customer experience with SMS appointment reminders, automated feedback surveys.
From fraud alerts to flight cancellations, make sure your message gets through when it really matters.
Reach anyone, anywhere
Get a message to anyone, anywhere in the world. Choose from local and toll-free numbers, short code, alphanumeric sender ID, or even use your existing voice numbers.
Telnyx is a licensed carrier in 25+ countries, and we can confidently say we’re fully compliant in everything we do. So, your communications are in safe hands.
Support you can count on
Our best-in-class 24/7 NOC support is available by phone and email for every single customer with no spend requirements, so your issues never need to wait until Monday.
Telnyx maintains complete control over our network and phone numbers, so we’re able to cut out the middlemen our competitors depend on—avoiding costly markups.
What is toll-free SMS?
Toll-free SMS is used to send text messages from toll-free numbers (8XX) to other mobile phones. Toll-free SMS numbers can be customized to your brand, and they also allow you to seamlessly switch between voice and text on the same number.
Who uses toll-free SMS?
There are a variety of different businesses leveraging toll-free SMS across industries like transport and logistics, financial services and healthcare, to name a few. Some of the most popular use-cases include using toll-free SMS for automated or live customer service, marketing campaigns, shipping notifications, appointment reminders and critical alerts.
How much does toll-free SMS cost?
Prices vary depending on your carrier, but Telnyx offers market-leading pricing for toll-free SMS—starting at just 0.0055 to send and receive toll-free texts in the US. See detailed Telnyx SMS pricing.
How do I find a toll-free SMS-enabled number?
To search for a toll-free SMS-enabled number via the Mission Control Portal, simply sign in and click Search and Buy Numbers. Select Toll-Free as your search type and SMS as the number feature. You can also search for toll-free SMS-enabled numbers via API.
What’s the difference between toll-free SMS and shortcodes?
Short codes are ideal for mass messaging use-cases like two-factor authentication or SMS marketing campaigns. However, there are some advantages to using toll-free SMS over shortcodes:
- Toll-free numbers can be provisioned instantly whereas shortcodes often take weeks.
- Toll-free numbers can be voice and SMS-enabled, so customers can call or text you on the same number. This is not only cost-effective, it’s a more seamless user experience.
- Toll-free numbers are also significantly lower in cost. Telnyx toll-free numbers start at just $1 per month whereas short codes cost $1,000 per month to lease from the Common Short Code Administration.
How do I get started sending and receiving toll-free SMS?
Can I receive voice calls on my toll-free SMS enabled number?
Yes! One of the great things about toll-free numbers is that you can use them to make and receive calls as well as send and receive texts—enabling you to build seamless omnichannel customer experiences.